Saturday, March 20, 2010

Report: Tea Party Protesters Scream 'N_____' At Black Congressman



If you haven't heard, there is a vote scheduled on Health Care Reform legislation in the House this weekend.

You can read about it here, but a relatively small crowd of Tea Baggers charged up to Capitol Hill and began shouting at various Democratic members of Congress as they appeared.

As reported by the McClatchy news organization, Demonstrators outside the Capitol, angry over the proposed health care bill, shouted "nigger" Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon who was nearly beaten to death during an Alabama march in the 1960s...


Having Their Moment In The Sun: Remember, The Fire Next Time

Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., said ... "It was a chorus ... In a way, I feel sorry for those people who are doing this nasty stuff - they're being whipped up.."

...Protestors also ... confronted Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., an openly gay member of Congress. A writer for Huffington Post said the crowd called Frank a "faggot."


I remember a line from the 1988 film, "Mississippi Burning", where the Southern FBI agent, played by Gene Hackman, tries to tell the Northern-Intellectual-Liberal FBI agent, played by Willem Dafoe, what kind of person engages in this kind of behavior, and why:

You know, when I was a little boy; there was an old Negro farmer, lived down the road from us, name of Monroe.

And he was... Well, I guess he was just a little luckier than my daddy was. He bought himself a mule. That was a big deal around that town. My daddy hated that mule. His friends kidded him that they saw Monroe ploughin' with his new mule... and Monroe was gonna rent another field now that he had a mule.

One morning, that mule just showed up dead. They poisoned the water. After that, there was never any mention about that mule around my daddy.

One time we were drivin' past Monroe's place and we saw it was empty. He'd just packed up and left, I guess -- gone up North or somethin'. I looked over at my daddy's face ... and I knew he'd done it. And he saw that I knew.



A Play On Words That Gives 'Transparency' A New Definition

He was ashamed; I guess he was ashamed. He looked at me and he said, 'Son -- if you ain't better than a nigger, who are you better than?' [He was] so full of hate ... that he didn't know that bein' poor was what was killin' him.

Well; I'm sure Fox will spin the story to make it look like Congressman Cleaver, and Barney The Bankster's Buddy, forced the Teabaggers to label them as something less than human.


Too Dumb To Know His Own Stupidity Is Killing The Country


No comments:

Post a Comment