Friday, February 11, 2011

Fallout

Random Deep Barking

As a Dog, I have a decent enough nose to have understood that the Egyptian army would choose to dump the old guy everyone hated and not shoot innocent people defending that Old Guy, in favor of keeping some control over the changes that will follow after his departure.

My nose tells me now that there will be an Israeli - Palestinian settlement, and possibly a new Palestinian state, before the end of 2011. I'd give it better than 70/30 odds.

And, depending upon which way things fall in Egypt, odds of an airstrike on Iranian nuclear facilities by the Israeli air force (I'd have said 60/40 before Mubarak's departure) are significantly lower now.

Little Mahmood, leader of the Islamic People's Fun Republic Of Chuckles™, must be very pleased. Less so, the Israeli government.

But, I'm only a Dog, and no one listens to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment