Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Michele Bachmann Hears The Call Of Chtulu

Wingnut Sweetheart™ No. 2 Gets Closer To Declaring A Run For The Presidency

As reported by TPM, Representative Michele Bachmann (R - Delusional) went on public television in Iowa last week, and when asked about her Xtian faith, replied [Paragraphed For, Uh, Clarity, Of A Kind]:
Bachmann: Well, every decision that I make I pray about as does my husband and I can tell you, yes, I've had that calling and that tugging on my heart that this is the right thing to do and because it's such a momentous decision, not only for myself, my husband and our 28 children, it is a momentous decision what ideas will I bring to bear? What are the resources that I have to marshal in terms of people, assets, the message and also the finances, the amount of time this will take, what this will mean for the nation. Am I the right person for the job?

Every decision and every endeavor my husband and I have made we think it through, we're not rash people. We make a plan because we want to succeed, we don't want to fail and so we've been very deliberative in this process and that's why we're now coming to the culmination and next month, as I announced last night, I'll make that decision right here in Waterloo [Iowa] and the world will know.
Twenty-eight children? Well... you see, this is Teabagger logic, where numbers don't really mean anything; they're just numbers after all, and what counts is faith. And heart, and the spirit of America, and how you "feel" about things, and whether you believe in a particular vision of America through evangelical fundamentalist Xtian glasses -- if you're not an evangelical, that might be a difficult perspective to swallow.

Bachmann gets to "28 children" by taking the five children she has actually given birth to, and adding in 23 different foster children, who all lived in her home for some period of time over a span of many years but were not raised to adulthood by her and Mister Bachmann. But this is the kind of logic Michele has used throughout her political career -- a little half-truth, and a pinch of wishes, and plenty of illogical mean-spiritedness.

You need to understand that Grand TurtleBear Bachmann has done this "Call Of Chtulu" routine before: As TPM reports, "... in 2006, when she was a state senator running for an open U.S. House seat, she famously told a mega-church audience that she had communicated with God, receiving through fasting and prayer the command to run":
And in the midst of that calling, God then called me to run for the United States Congress. And I thought, what in the world would that be for? And my husband said "You need to do this." And I wasn't so sure. And we took three days, and we fasted and we prayed. And we said "Lord, is this what you want? Is this Your will?" And after -- along about the afternoon of day two -- He made that calling sure. And it's been now 22 months that I've been running for United States Congress. Who in their right mind would spend two years to run for a job that lasts for two years? You'd have to be absolutely a fool to do that. You are now looking at a fool for Christ. This is a fool for Christ.
Get the good Caramel popcorn before you watch how this plays out. Treat yourself. Only, watch carefully what kind of utterly insane, irrational and totally faith-based crazy falls out of her mouth, and how the Media (The Little Rupert Channel in particular) plays it. Will they show Michele for the Raving Loon © she is, or as part of an attempt to court a new audience of Xtian believers, will they treat her seriously?

Enjoy the popcorn, anyway.


2 comments:

  1. God is a loving Father and he does communicate with His servants. “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who
    comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who
    earnestly seek him.” I am sorry you are missing so much in life. Namely a close relationship with your maker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear James:

    When your faith-based leaders call on you to do harm to others, because they are not of your particular evangelical faith, or are "in rebellion against God" "agents of satan" -- and naturally, provide scriptural bases for doing so ... what will you do, on that day?

    My Guess? You'll go right along, with a pure heart, and an empty mind.

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete