Monday, December 16, 2013

Seth MacFarlane -- A Reasonably Flatulent, Reasonable Human

Family Guy's Stewie Saves Brian -- Free World Rejoices, The Taliban
Mutters Threats; China Goes To Defcon-Bozo

The UK Guardian reports that
After the [episode where Brian is run over by a car and killed] aired, Family Guy ... creator Seth MacFarlane told his followers on Twitter that they would have to be "f***ing high" to think they had killed off Brian for good. He tweeted:

"Oh and hey… thanks for caring so much about the canine Griffin.  He is overcome with gratitude...  I mean, you didn’t really think we’d kill off Brian, did you? Jesus, we’d have to be f***ing high...  And thus endeth our warm, fuzzy holiday lesson:  Never take those you love for granted, for they can be gone in a flash."
“You’ve given me a beautiful life,” He told them before flatlining. “I love you all.” 

"Brian has been reunited with the Griffins in time for Christmas... after Stewie staged a daring rescue. Fans of the... show were up in arms after the beloved canine was killed off in a car accident last month. But Brian was brought back from the dead in last night’s episode, entitled 'Christmas Guy'.

"The miserable one year-old goes on a trip to the mall with the Griffin family’s new dog, Vinnie and tries to bring Brian back by asking Santa for his return. He sobs:  'I want my friend back. My best friend, my dog, Brian; he’s dead. It’s our first Christmas without him and no one has even mentioned his name! I don’t care about this stupid carnival, or Christmas; I don’t care about anything but Brian ! '
 
"Stewie spots himself from the past in the mall and remembers that there is a time machine in his backpack ... steals it as Vinnie distracts past-Stewie, and goes back in time to the moment just before Brian gets hit by a car.

 "He tells him: 'You’re alive, my friend! I couldn’t live without you, so I came back from the future to save your life! '  Brian replies: 'Thank you for saving my life. A lot of other families would have just gotten another dog and moved on.' "

(In completely unrelated news, Nelson Mandela, Joan Fontaine and Peter O'Toole have actually died, and unfortunately are not anticipated to be rescued by a time machine.)

___________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment