Friday, September 17, 2010

Random Barking Friday

Barry Ritholtz, who I distrust for being a capitalist yet appreciate because he's a generally smart human being (the notion here is that we ought to live in a world where ideas matter, but where no one is willing to utter a lie, or harm or kill another to prove how great those ideas are), put up another interesting post today.

The relevant part:

I ripped into [both Left and Right] as corrupt partisan hacks. I favor the NASCAR endorsement approach for Congress-critters: They should all have to wear on their suit coats the stickers of their “sponsors” and campaign funders — like any NASCAR team...

[A person Ritholtz was speaking with] dances around my party affiliation, and I tell him I have none. Here’s why:

I am not a Democrat, because I have no idea what their economic policies are; And I am not a Republican, because I know precisely what their economic policies are.

Indeed, the entire left/right debate is false, an artificial framework for analyzing policy. In my mind, the real debate is the corporatocracy versus the individual.

And right now, the individual is losing...


Actually, I'd observe that our political structure is as riddled with corruption as some houses are with termites -- and that someday, the whole edifice of our illusory State, being held together by nothing but coats of Whitewash, will collapse on itself.

But, I'm only a Dog, and you know the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment